A large number of Bangladeshi Scholars have been living in various developed countries of the world and rendering extraordinary/ valuable services in their respective fields.
The brilliant students of Bangladesh pursue their higher studies in different local universities to become doctors, engineers and members of government civil service within the country, however, after completion of their studies they feel that the return out of their professions and services is not enough, nor at that grants them their expected levels of social status or social security. Subsequently, most of them start thinking of leaving the country in search of more remunerative jobs and relatively better environments abroad. They also face that continuing development of skills and expertise is virtually impossible in their home country. Some of them also realize that given the poor state of academic facilities and limited scope of higher learning in the country, one cannot go beyond a certain level of professional accomplishment. These factors are mainly responsible for brain drain.
Many developing countries like India and Malaysia have already adopted measures to repatriate their scholars living abroad. These countries have taken realistic measures to employ them in their respective fields of experience with the assurance of providing them with due recognition and satisfactory compensation package. We feel that the government of Bangladesh should also undertake similar programs to attract the Bangladeshi Scholars to their homeland. In order to do that, the government should first of all locate and identify our distinguished scholars abroad and who may, if provided with job satisfaction realize the responsibility to contribute to the development of Bangladesh.
The government, as well as the employers of Bangladesh naturally want to benefit from the skills and expertise of our scholars living abroad. However, at present, non-resident Bangladeshi scholars have no opportunity of exchanging views with the interested quarters in Bangladesh. However in this age of IT, this problem could easily be overcome by launching a worldwide website for all Bangladeshi scholars living abroad. This is what we are offering you. Please join us in this noble mission and let us all repay our debts to our motherland.
1. Because it gives scholars from Bangladesh, whether they live in Bangladesh or overseas, a great networking opportunity. Right now, these scholars do not have a common network. Hundreds of fine scholars, working in fields as diverse as nuclear technology to medicine to media, are working all over the world. Scholarsbangladesh.com will help them come together under one common umbrella. With one touch on their keyboard, they can now communicate with each other, share their thoughts, and seek help in any personal or professional areas.
2. Because it gives scholars from Bangladesh a great opportunity to get connected with their motherland without going through the cumbersome ways of trying to be in contact with different services. No matter where they live, they are a valuable asset to their country. The search for better opportunities might have driven them to different corners of the globe, but what continues to bind them together is a love for their birth place and a deep sense of commitment to its progress. Now via Scholarsbangladesh.com they have a fraternal platform. This will help them find information about opportunities for work, research or voluntary services inside and outside Bangladesh.
3. Because it provides a bridge between the Government of Bangladesh and the scholars of the country. The government needs experts in numerous areas for example, developing and negotiating international treaties, but often does not know how to tap them or where to turn for help. These scholars can also play a very vital role in bringing foreign investment to various sectors. Scholarsbangladesh.com provides the government and many private sector organizations in Bangladesh with a readymade database of top-notch scholars of Bangladeshi origin, now residing in different parts of the world. Scholars Bangladesh can make it happen.
4. Because it gives young professionals an opportunity to network with their peers. Young Bangladeshi professionals do not know where to turn to for professional advice and assistance. There are hundreds of young professionals, still anchorless and uncertain about their future career. Scholarsbangladesh.com provides them with important networking opportunities.
5. Because it also provides second generation Bangladeshi non-resident scholars a venue to trace their roots and establish connections with the homeland of their ancestors.
ScholarsBangladesh.com gives all Bangladeshi non-resident scholars who were born and brought up in abroad a wonderful opportunity to repay their debts to their motherland.
M E Chowdhury Shameem
Founder & President
Scholars Bangladesh Society
E-mail: [email protected]